Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not For Grading : A Special Moment With My Family

Hi all!

Well , today was a normal Sunday, which meant the start of a new week.
Looking forward to the new schooling week and work, I started the day off cheerfully (as I had woken up at 8am, which was early compared to the past few Sundays, especially during the holidays, when I would only be up an hour later) with the usual breakfast meal and washing up. Next, I started my 'work schedule' by reading my favourite English book, "50 Wittiest Tales of Birbal". Birbal was an Indian minister of the Mughal Empire (ruled by Emperor Akbar), whom was commended and well known for his wisdom in solving cases ranging from everyday - quarrels to murders.



(here is how the book looks like)

Following that, I commenced with studying my "Math 1" for the upcoming quiz and test. Surprisingly, I found the subject more engaging and interesting compared to the previous year when I found it rather mundane and boring. Perhaps some factors would be the topics involved or the TfU projects. At around 10am, I left home for my haircut. On my way there, there were many housewives with trolleys full of bags, I guess they might have just came back from the market after purchasing groceries.

As there already was an elderly man who had reached the barber shop before me, I had no choice but to wait patiently for my turn. However, it turned out to be a good opportunity to browse through a copy of "The Straits Times" which was on a seat. Finally, it was my turn and I instructed the Malay barber the hair style which I had chosen. Holding the electric cutter with skill and precision, he cut my thick and rough hair with confidence. In no time, my unkempt hair became neat and tidy! (:


(a picture after the haircut!)

All was rather normal in the afternoon, until the evening when I went to my Grandmother's house for dinner. As my Aunt had just come back from India for missionary work, we decided to have a steamboat dinner especially for her! Tucking into my sumptuous
meal of rice, Fishballs, Beef and other mouth watering food, it suddenly struck me and I realized how fortunate I was to have enough food to eat and a caring and loving family that always supported me. Following that, I proceeded to have a chat with my older cousins. It was something that I enjoyed because we would chat freely, and they would share valuable school experiences as they were wiser and more experienced. Next, there was my favourite - ice cream! Not being a fan of Durian, I only ate the Vanilla flavoured one. Seated down in my comfortable armchair, I would just rest my stressed - out mind and relax, just forgetting the fast paced life in school.


(Steamboat dinner!)

At around 8pm, my family left for home and after bidding goodbye to my relatives; we strolled home leisurely which was a mere five minutes walk away.

To
recapitulate, it is nice and relaxing to have a family dinner after a week of intensive stress and hard work. Nothing beats having a hearty meal with one's relatives and chatting with them. To me, winding down on the couch feels far better than wasting precious time playing computer games.


That's all for now, see you all later!

1 comment:

  1. A decent post. Nice energetic writing style. I like your post as it talks about your day-to-day life. You need to label your post.

    ReplyDelete