Thursday, January 15, 2009

For Grading : Shooting

Today was a rather weird day, one which left both good and bad feelings... Although it was a regular Thursday, I did not expect it to turn out like that.

It was quite a tiring day for me, as I had stayed up late the previous night to study for the upcoming Chinese Test. On a positive note, I had managed to pay attention in class well without being disturbed by other noisy classmates, and I was rather pleased with the results of the Biology Test I had taken earlier in the week. Let's take a positive view of things! However, the most exciting was CCA that commenced straight after school.

As today was officially the first training session of the year, my shooting skills were rather rusty and I needed time to get used to the routine of shooting the Air Rifle. With much help from the Coach and my caring seniors, I managed to regain my sharpshooting skills and that made my day! Regarding it as a challenge, I took it up with courage and a strong will, and I am pleased to have accomplished it. However, the other secondary 2 students had made quite a stir in the range and it definitely wasn't good, as it had required Mr Chia to 'break' it up by storming into the range and giving them a dressing - down...

Following the stressful training, we had PT (physical training) which our secondary 4 seniors decided on what to 'torture' us juniors with. Those who weren't the sporty type began whining and begging the seniors to let them do push ups, which were less straining and aching compared to a two round run around the gigantic school, but to no avail. At least the 'kind hearted' seniors decided to make us climb the stairs continuously to the seventh level for two rounds and a run around the secondary four classrooms. We were dismissed after that and many of us who were drained thoroughly gave a sigh of relief and scrambled home quickly, hoping to get a refreshing bath and well deserved rest.

Moral of the day: Always do the right things. I have had many experiences where I did something wrong and was punished harshly by my seniors. After all, who wouldn't want to be a great and 'power- drunk' senior?


Please enjoy the pictures below, goodbye!(:

(Calten shooting the Air Rifle)

(Shaun - Air PIstol)

(Me in the Jacket. It's rather stiff to prevent movement of arms when shooting)

No comments:

Post a Comment