Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For Grading : A Hectic Day..

As the word 'hectic' suggests, today was a day brimming with activities and I found myself running from place to place like a lunatic.

As today was a day off from school, I decided to give myself some well deserved rest after two long days of visiting many relatives and friends on both Monday and Tuesday. Waking up at around 7:30am, I forced my tired and taxed body to get up and to start the day refreshed. I then did some homework and revision for the coming tests. 9:35am soon came and I heard my phone alarm. After briefly glancing at the screen, I suddenly remembered that my parents had instructed me to buy the printer which was on offer ( Usual price $200, now selling at $88 ).

Miraculously, I managed to reach Best Denki ( Century Square ) at around 9:45am. As it opened at 10am, many people already outside the entrance of the electronics store, getting ready to grab all the good deals which were heavily discounted. Fortunately for me (As there were only 8 printers), I had manged to rush in and grab a printer. Upon paying, I was heavily relieved as I desperately needed a printer for school work and the only printer that I had malfunctioned.


( A picture that I had taken while waiting for Best to open )



( A picture of the printer box )



At around 1.15pm, I went to meet Pandiyan, Melvin, Alvin, Daniel Kong and Xun Yi at the bus stop opposite Tampines Stadium. I was pleased as I did not have to wait for any of them and they arrived on the dot. We decided to take bus number 3 to Downtown East E! Hub for the class outing. After 15 bus stops (Yes, I counted) , we finally reached the destination. Upon reaching the entrance, Harri and Bharath unexpectedly popped up out of nowhere! Imagine how surprised we were to meet our fellow classmates at the entrance.

( Presenting... E! Hub )


Enough of the pictures, let me tell you more about the class outing... The entrance of the bowling alley was really spectacular, with a flurry of glowing lights that blinked in rhythm. I was really amazed by the effort of the owner who must have spent quite a lot of money for the lights. This certainly was one of the factors why the alley was so packed with people of young and old. After all, who would patronize a dull and run down shop?
( The glowing lights )

Now to the bowling part! This was certainly the most exhilarating event of the day, as it felt so good to be with the class and have fun together. Around 25 classmates came, so there were at least 6 in a lane, totalling 24 in 4 lanes. For the first game, my hand was rather shaky and I could not bowl well. As a result, I only managed 6 or 7 points, with a miss occasionally. The other members in my group were Tristen, Pandiyan, Alvin, Lie Wen and Ms Shyamira. Lie Wen, the sliver lining in my team, scored the most points in the first game. Perhaps it was mostly due to the fact that he was quite experienced and had participated in bowling courses.

Of course, there was bound to be a group of jaded people who would be stuck on to their favourite trading card game and even forget about bowling! In this case, the group was Zhi Rui, Yek Teng and last but not least, Bryan. They could be heard chatting loudly about the different cards that they possessed and even had a game or two in between their turns to bowl. After all, as there was so much time, why not utilize it wisely?


( A picture of the bowling lanes - 2A occupied the last 4 lanes )



( A picture of myself in action! )

Let us enjoy a short clip of our very own Pandiyan, showing off his bowling skills!...








( The scoreboard, from top - Pandiyan, Alvin, Jason, Tristen, Lie Wen and Ms Shyamira )

However in the second game, I had managed to improve on my technique and it certainly paid off - My score amounted to 83! My stomach then started growling for some food. When I strolled to the 'bistro', there were many snacks which were meticulously arranged in order of size, such as 'keropok' and sandwiches but the instant noodles grabbed my attention miraculously. Giving in to my stomachs' cry for food, I ordered a cup of Tom Yam flavoured noodles.

The service was superb and efficient. In no time, I was slurping and wolfing down the succulent noodle strands and sipping the piping hot soup in delight.
Never had I felt so much pleasure in eating instant noodles! Soon, others began to feel the hunger as it had spread like a disease to almost everyone. The table which we ate our snacks on began to be swarmed with people, with each carrying either a sandwich or a cup of instant noodles.



( The results - 2nd game. See my amazing score of 83!! )

After all the 4 teams had completed 2 games, the prizes were given out. Our team clinched the prize for 2nd best team and the bowler with the highest score went to Joejyn! He was certainly dead - serious when bowling, especially with his wrist glove and skilfull moves. A class photo was then taken to remember this once - in - a - lifetime event which had certainly bonded our class in an active way which, in this case, was a sport - bowling. Following that, I took the bus to Pasir Ris Mrt Station with the company of Francis, Matthew and Xun Yi, then taking the train to our respective destinations.

Something to pick up from today's events. Unity is strength, and if a team works together, they are are bound to achieve their goals and reach even greater heights. As some people aptly put it, "With teamwork, the sky's only the start, the limit is determined by your own effort and determination.

( 2A 09' ! - We were all tired but jubilant! )

No comments:

Post a Comment